Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thoughts on writing for class

This class (Reading Writing Connections) has been quite a learning experience.  I've learned much about how to connect reading and writing in the classroom for both general ed and SPED.  Some of the assignments have been more challenging than others.
The descriptive writing piece were were assigned is likely the hardest writing assignment I'd ever done. Being descriptive of visual and emotional experiences is nigh unto impossible for me, and not at all my preferred mode of thinking (to say the very very least).

I enjoyed many of the assignments.  What was often most challenging was to take our assignments which were to have lesson plans/learning centers and work with my preferred grade level, which is moderate to severe needs SPED and still fit the assigned lesson plan to the theoretical SPED students).  Then again that's what SPED teachers do daily and this taught me not only to modify, which I do fairly easily, but to be able to state *why* those modifications are appropriate to the lesson assigned, which is a very good job skill to have indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment