Tuesday, February 19, 2013

School and writing

I've been in school with a week or two off here and there since Summer 2009.  I've written dozens of papers and dozens of lesson plans.  Writing has become easier but it's also seeming never ending.

In May 2011 I graduated Pikes Peak Community College with an AA. Mostly I got that degree just because I could. I was in concurrent enrollment with Pike's Peak (PPCC) and Regis University.  Lower Division classes were taken at PPCC and transferred up to Regis every semester.  I then transferred some of my Regis classes back down to PPCC so i coudl have the Associates of General studies.  In spring 1980, I'd "taken a semester off" college (a mere 30 year long semester), and when going back in 2009, I found that credits over 15 years old aren't accepted to many colleges without jumping through a lot of hoops. However, degrees don't expire.   It seemed prudent to get the degree at the community college to tie up those credits into a degree so that they could never expire.

In May 2012 I graduated Regis University with my BA/Teaching Licensure program.

And now I'm in grad school/getting a M.Ed. in Reading.  This is a 2 year program, but given the way the classes are set up I won't complete the program till Fall 2014.  Sometimes that seems close and other times it seems forever from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment